Zator Law is GROWING and in need of an experienced Paralegal to join our team of professionals!
Zator Law has been a respected member of the Lehigh Valley legal community for over 25 years. We are a past winner of both the Chamber of Commerce Excellence in Business Award and Milestone Award as well as voted the Best of the Valley Business Law Attorneys, an award presented by Lehigh Valley Magazine, for 7 straight years; Best of the Valley Real Estate Attorneys and Best Places to Work! Our firm motto is “Integrity. Dedication. Trust.”, and it’s how we conduct ourselves and our business every day. We also believe in providing a healthy work-life balance for our employees. If this sounds like a place you would like to work, and you meet the qualifications set forth below, please follow the instructions on how to apply for this position.
Your role as a Paralegal on our team is to provide high-level substantive paralegal services and support for the firm’s attorneys and clients on our real estate, corporate, commercial transactions, business transitions, estate planning and occasionally on litigation matters.
The right person for our Paralegal position will have prior law firm experience and will also be a quick and eager learner who is looking for a long-term position with a close-knit team. This role requires self-motivation, ownership mentality, effective communication skills, independent judgment, and excellent client-relationship skills.
- Assist our attorneys with client, case, matter, and project management, including drafting and sending engagement and conflict waiver letters, managing document organization of client file in both physical and electronic form, managing/docketing deadlines, and anything else to help the attorneys keep all files at the firm moving forward smoothly.
- Produce, edit, and format legal documents such as transactional agreements, memos, pleadings, discovery requests, research outlines, briefs, opinions, complaints, orders, and subpoenas; compose routine letters and memoranda.
- Assist with entity formation and perform corporate organizational tasks including: file organization documents; prepare transactional closing binders; prepare and maintain company minute books; and prepare and file annual reports or amendments with the Secretary of State.
- Draft documents for board meetings, including notices, proxies, affidavits of mailing, agenda, resolutions, minutes (including special minutes for corporate activities), and written consents.
- Manage and perform due diligence, including UCC searches, filings, and subsistence certificates.
- Coordinate with title companies on matters dealing with real estate.
- Conduct legal research, including relevant case law, relevant statutes, legal articles, and other writings.
- Prepare/maintain pleading logs, discovery logs, trial notebooks, closing binders, and entity binders.
- Electronically file documents in Pennsylvania and federal court systems (including circuit courts, appellate courts, and bankruptcy courts).
- Maintain docketing calendar and tickler system for annual reports, regular and annual meetings, UCC filings, court deadlines, and monitor compliance.
- Perform any other task required to assist the law firm to function effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate from an accredited institution preferred.
- High level of experience in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and ECF Filing Systems.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Flexibility and ability to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities accurately and efficiently.
- Work well under pressure and have a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate integrity, strong client-relationship skills, the ability to use judgment, tact, discretion, and keep information confidential.
We offer excellent benefits that include competitive pay, generous PTO and paid holidays, health/vision and dental plans, and SIMPLE IRA with employer contribution. Our offices are in the beautiful American Heritage Building in South Whitehall Township.
Please send confidential letter of interest, resume, salary history, and references to Judith Schanbacher, Firm Administrator at email@example.com. Applicants who do not include all requested items will not be considered.