Religious, Educational & Non-profit Law
As trusted advisers and advocates for nonprofit, educational and religious organizations, Zator Law addresses the legal questions and obstacles that organizations face while fulfilling their missions. We represent a variety of tax-exempt organizations—religious organizations, educational institutions, health care institutions and providers, social service agencies, and others who serve the community—regarding the myriad of legal issues that such an organization might encounter. We understand the business, legal, practical and political challenges nonprofits face and work hard at resolving them. Our team is comprised of lawyers from numerous disciplines whose common focus is to help clients solve real problems and preclude new ones.
Our attorneys are personally as well as professionally engaged in the nonprofit world. Many of our attorneys are proud to serve on nonprofit boards in the communities in which they live. In these roles, our attorneys have gained practical experience and a stakeholder’s perspective on organizational issues, which enables us to better assist our clients with tailor-made solutions.
NON-PROFIT CORPORATIONS & CHARITABLE FOUNDATIONS
- Corporate/foundation formation
- Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c) tax exempt recognition
- Fundraising and charitable solicitation laws and requirements
- Employment and independent contractor agreements
- Employment issues
- Corporate/organizational matters
- Corporate governance
- General contract review and drafting
- Claims, and internal dispute resolution
- Student and faculty issues, including plagiarism, harassment, sexual assault, misuse of technology and free speech